dimarts, 17 de febrer del 2009

Slipknot & Metallica Festival in Bacelona!


So today I’m going to talk about some exciting piece of news, well specially for me, Slipknot one of my favorite bands is finally coming to Barcelona together with Metallica, a legend trash metal band and very well known. I’ve been listening to Slipknot since the last 4 years and I am overwhelmed that there are coming. This will be the first proper concert I go to and it’s also going to be one of the heaviest concerts ever done in Barcelona. It’s a festival so many other not as well known bands will go there also.
Slipknot is a nu metal band, that means that they mix rock rap and screaming on they’re songs. Guitars tend to have a very heavy sound and there’s always a DJ in a nu metal band. There are a lot of well known bands that are also nu metal for example; Linkin Park, Mudvayne, Deftones; Korn…
Sadly nu metal originated in America in the 90’s is slowly coming to an end. Nu metal bands tend to disappear or evolve to a different music style.
Slipknot is currently one of the only nu metal bands left, but lately they have been very influenced by Metallica and their new album is more trash metal than nu metal.
We can also say that Metallica is also changing; their new album is more influenced by nu metal…

Well this is a small introduction so you know a little bit more about my groups! I can’t wait for the summer! It’s going to be awesome!

By the way, tickets cost 70 euros and the festival is on the 11th of July if you want to go!

ROCK ON!!!!