dimarts, 28 d’octubre del 2008

My hobby in the winter!

Snowboarding!

This is my sport hobby in the winter, I love it. A lot of people don’t see why I like it so much; they don’t really see the point of going up and down a freezing slope.

It all started when I was just five years old, my family and I always used to go to Baqueira-Barret, when I was smaller I just went down the sledge like all little kids do, but as I got older I wanted to go beyond my sledge and ski.

So every year I went to Baquiera-Barret, Font Romeu, la Molina or to la Masella, and while I was there I had skiing lessons to improve my skiing skills.
I even did some skiing competitions, but soon found out that I didn’t really want to compete I just wanted to ski for the fun of it.
My dad used to take to France in Les Angles for a whole two weeks or so, I learned a lot there, I could go down the black slopes like if it was only a blue one, just used to go straight down, no problem.
I didn’t crush that much, but when I did let’s say that I was lucky that I wore a helmet, because I used to crash real hard sometimes, I’d go down half a mountain rolling in the snow not being able to stop and loosing my skis.

When I was twelve I decided to change my skis for a snowboard, now that was challenging! It’s completely the way round skiing.
At first I was really struggling with snowboarding, I kept falling and falling, I felt like just giving up, but I didn’t and soon got the hang of it, and then I really stared to like it, since then I have been progressing, and I’m a lot better, I think I might be better than skiing.

For the past five years I’ve been going to Andorra, but with this weather, sun, sun and more sun, I don’t think I’m going to, the weather’s to hot and there’s no snow, and I need the soft snow because I know I’m going to fall!

I feel free when I'm snowboarding...


Recommendation: Never ever give up on something you really want to do, because in the end you will make it, if you really want it!