divendres, 21 de novembre del 2008

Marine Biologist?

Since I was really small I have always been fascinated with marine life. I think life under water is much more interesting than continental animals. Sea life is so amazing, there’s so many species of different shapes and fascinating colours, and they’re also so unique, they’ve all got different ways for surviving.

At my house I have always had aquatic animals, because I find them so interesting and I’ve bought a lot of books about them. In my bedroom I’ve got tropical fish a terrapin and out in the garden I’ve got fresh water fish. I’d also have marine fish but they’re very hard to look after and I don’t have the time I’m afraid, but I hope that someday I’ll have all the marine animals I want.

When I was just 14 years old I started to study diving so then I could have the license to go under water with a air tank, going under about 20 meters, I had a Junior license then, so I couldn’t go deeper but now I’ve got an adult license.

If I had to say one of my favorite marine animals, it be the shark, I know you are thinking I’m mad, but that’s the truth. Sharks don’t attack people just for the fun of it. There are more human deaths with rhinos and polar bears than there's with sharks.
I think people are afraid of sharks because they don’t like the look of them. I think the movie Jaws didn’t help a lot in liking them neither. And i have swum with sharks.

So I’m studying Batxillerat to be one day a Marine Biologist, that’s what I hope, because that’s what I really like.